We are happy to offer our professional advice any time free of charge just call or email our office.
- 1. Check a builder is in a trade body - the Federation of Master Builders, the Guild of Builders and Contractors, or the National Federation of Builders
- Ask for references and check them out
- Ask about a builder’s experience and qualifications
- Check whether the builder uses sub-contractors
- Does the builder have insurance if something goes badly wrong?
- Always ask for a detailed quote, checking how long the price is guaranteed for
- Draw up a contract if the work you require is substantial
- Agree phases of work and stage-payments
- Ask a council inspector to check the work meets building regulations
- Keep a final payment until the work is complete and snags rectified
Word of mouth and social proof are more important than ever in our new digital world, anyone can write fake reviews online so for your own peace of mind, all of our testimonials are verified by Trusted Trader.